What are the main tech requirements for WALTR PRO (minimum OS supported)?
WALTR PRO requires a computer with:
- macOS: Mavericks 10.13 & higher
- Windows: 7 or higher
Devices that WALTR PRO recognizes:
- iPhone, iPad, iPod — all generations, all devices running on iOS 5 & higher.
Does WALTR PRO work with screen-reader software?
Yes, we do support screen-reader software with WALTR PRO. Indeed, the support of screen reader technology is important for Softorino as our goal is to bring the functionality of WALTR PRO to the highest level of comfort for all of our potential and current users. Our team has added support for NVDA and JAWS (for Windows), as well as VoiceOver (for Mac) screen reader software so that you don't need any further technical upgrades on your Windows PC or Mac.
How to transfer photos/pictures to iPhone with WALTR PRO?
With WALTR PRO it is possible to transfer pictures to alternative apps only. Just hold the Alt (Windows) / Option (Mac) button while dropping the files to the WALTR PRO app, and then choose the application where you want your pictures to be imported.
How to edit metadata and cover art?
To edit metadata and cover art with WALTR PRO, drag and drop the files and hold the following keys:
On a PC: Drag and drop files while holding the Ctrl key.
On a Mac: Drag and drop files while holding the Command (⌘) key.
Can I install WALTR PRO on my iPhone or iPad?
No. You can only install WALTR PRO on your computer. You can transfer files from Mac or Windows PC to Apple devices (iPhone, iPad) via USB or Wi-Fi.
Which iOS devices does WALTR PRO support?
WALTR PRO supports all iPhone, iPad, and most iPod models starting from iOS 5.
How can I upgrade to WALTR PRO?
If you are a paid user of WALTR or WALTR 2, you can upgrade to the PRO version with a 50% discount at our Store. Note that it's only available for the 1-year subscription license.
Does WALTR PRO provide a free trial?
Yes. WALTR PRO provides a 24-hour free trial. You can download and try it here.
Are there any limitations in the trial version of WALTR PRO?
Yes. From the moment you activated the trial, you will have 24 hours to test the app with the following limitations*:
- Books / PDF – 10 files
- Movies – 1 file
- TV Shows – 3 files
- Music files – 10 files
- Ringtones – 2 files
*Even after the trial period — you still will be able to move any file to different apps on your iOS device’s alternative apps.
Do you have any discounts on WALTR PRO?
Currently, we offer a 30% discount for students and the military. Send us your .edu email address or military ID to retrieve the coupon code using our contact form here.
Can I buy WALTR 2? Will it be supported?
Yes, WALTR 2 is technically supported.
Can I activate one WALTR PRO license on more than one computer?
No. One WALTR PRO license can be used on one computer only. However, you can get as many licenses as you need: for 1 computer (a single license), 2 computers (a double license), and 5 computers (a family pack). All these options are available at our store.
How can I set up my WALTR PRO license on another computer?
If you bought a new computer and want to activate a license there, you need to reset the license on your old computer in the first place. You can reach our Support Team via the Contact form for additional help.
Where can I find my license key?
After you bought the app, you will receive an email with an activation code. If you haven’t received it into your Inbox — please check your spam folder. If you still can’t find your key — you can visit our License Retrieval page or alternatively, send us an email via the Contact page and we will reset your key as soon as possible.
I have a Mac and a PC, do I need to purchase 2 licenses?
Yes, you can use one WALTR PRO license on one computer only. But if you need a license for both Mac and Windows PC, you can purchase a Mac/Windows combo bundle for a discounted price. You can contact our Support Team to get a discount.
I lost my WALTR PRO license, how do I recover it?
If you have lost your WALTR PRO license, you can retrieve the license key here.
How to enable Wi-Fi connectivity on a Windows PC?
With High-Speed Wi-Fi connectivity – WALTR PRO brings a new dimension to freedom. As soon as you open WALTR PRO, it instantly looks for any Wi-Fi-enabled iOS devices around you and connects to them.
Before you enable it, make sure your iOS device and computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Afterward, follow the steps below:
- Connect your iOS device to your computer via cable.
- On the bottom right corner, click on the “Settings" wheel and tick the “Enable Wi-Fi connectivity” box (screenshot attached)
- After that, please re-launch WALTR PRO -> unlock the screen on your device and wait.
What are the alternative 3rd-party apps that are able to receive files?
With WALTR PRO, you can transfer files to both native Apple apps and 3rd-party ones. You can now push virtually any type of content in any format into your iPhone or iPad.
Here is the list of the supported applications:
- PDF Expert
- FLAC Player+
- PDF Pro 4
- Adobe Acrobat
- Files by WALTR
- MX Video Player
- Voice Dream
What is the difference between “Drop to convert & add to iPhone” and “Drop to convert to Apple Music/iTunes Library”?
The “Drop to convert” option allows you to convert and transfer media files such as video and audio. The difference is the destination where the files go.
- The "Drop to convert to Apple Music/ iTunes Library" option transfers files to Apple Music/ iTunes Library on your computer.
- The "Drop to convert & add to iPhone" option transfers files to your iPhone’s native or 3rd-party apps supported by WALTR PRO.
- The "Drop to convert & add to Local Folder" option converts files into Apple-friendly formats, saves them to your internal or external drive as readable formats supported by Apple.
Where do my files go after being transferred with WALTR PRO?
- If you send a video file (e.g. MKV), it will be available in your default Videos / TV app.
- If you drop a song, (e.g. FLAC or MP3), it will land in the default Music app.
- If it is an EPUB or a PDF file, it will go to your Books app.
- If you drop an audiobook, it will appear in the Books app as well (to be recognized as an audiobook, the file should be in .m4b format)
- Ringtones will appear in Settings->Sounds->Ringtone (please note that it has to be a .m4r file).
You can see where your files end up right in the app by clicking on "Where are my files?" after the transfer is complete.
Does WALTR PRO support export from iPhone or iPad to Computer?
No, WALTR PRO doesn't support such an option. It is dedicated to transferring files from Mac/PC to Apple mobile devices only.
Do I need to uninstall WALTR 2 before I download WALTR PRO?
No. WALTR 2 and WALTR PRO are separate products. You are able to download and use both of the apps on your machine.
I need to remove duplicates from my iPhone. Can I do this with WALTR PRO?
Unfortunately, no. WALTR PRO supports transferring files from a computer to an iOS device but does not manage them on your device.
How to uninstall WALTR PRO?
If you want to uninstall WALTR PRO on a Mac computer, do the following:
- Drag the .app bundle into the trash. Despite this, some leftover files will still remain in your system. In this case, download the free AppCleaner app and remove WALTR PRO completely.
If you want to uninstall WALTR PRO on a Windows computer:
- Open ‘Programs and Features’ by clicking the Start button, then Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features.
- Select WALTR PRO and click Uninstall.
Is WALTR PRO safe to use?
How do I get a refund?
Our primary commitment is to make WALTR PRO do what you expect of it. We want to easily sort out any kind of issue and make you happier in the process. If you still would like to get a refund*, please specify a few moments while requesting it:
- What was the primary use of the app?
- What steps have you followed during the process and which ones failed?
- What problem-solving measures have you applied?
Your answers will help us improve and make WALTR PRO even better.
*Refund requests must be placed within 30 days after the purchase via a support ticket.
**Please mention the Order ID you received in your purchase confirmation email from FastSpring.
I'm a Windows user. Do I need to install iTunes in order to use WALTR PRO?
No. You don’t need to have iTunes installed on your PC. You may choose one of these ways to make WALTR PRO work properly on Windows PCs:
- Install the latest Apple iTunes version on your PC;
- Download Apple drivers during the WALTR PRO installation process.
Any Windows app that has to access your iPhone (notwithstanding the model) needs to use Apple Mobile Support drivers. They are usually installed on your computer together with iTunes. Naturally, WALTR PRO for Windows has to use these iTunes drivers as well.
Do I need to have a jailbroken device?
No. You don’t need to have a jailbroken device as WALTR PRO operates the same way as iTunes made by Apple, so it does everything in a legit way.
Do you have a user manual?
Yes, we have designed a detailed guide for WALTR PRO. You can download it here.
Why is WALTR PRO better than WALTR 2?
WALTR PRO still has WALTR 2's simple drag & drop feature that lets you get around file format issues and transfer any music, video, ringtone, or book file straight to iPhone or iPad. But WALTR PRO contains new advanced features and a standalone converter. It also gives you more control over file management. WALTR PRO allows you to:
- Manually edit cover art and metadata.
- Convert files to apple-friendly formats directly to your Mac or PC.
- Convert unsupported music formats and transfer directly into the Apple Music cloud for HomePod playability (or all iCloud connected Apple devices).
- Transfer any file into iOS, as long as you have a 3rd-party iOS app installed that can read it.