2 Smart Ways to Sync iPhone over WiFI With or Without iTunes
Sync iPhone over WiFi following 2 workarounds we demonstrated below. You will not only learn how to sync an iOS device with iTunes, but also how to do this completely iTunes-free.
Seems like in 21st century we simply don’t have enough patience to plug-in an iPhone into a computer. These couple of seconds when you’re looking for a cord and then plug the device in can take, well, forever.
Luckily, there’re a few workarounds to bypass the pain and sync iPhone over WiFI, that is – no cords needed. And to set-up a new ‘wire-free’ connection, you need to make sure that:
First – your iOS device and computer are connected to the same WiFi network
Second – your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch are running iOS 5 and higher.
The tutorial below will show you how to sync iPhone over WiFI with iTunes or without it.
1. How to Sync iPhone without iTunes using WALTR 2
First off – take just one minute to watch this video tutorial demonstrating the whole workaround:
When we launched our application WALTR last year – it was a blast. Mainly because it was extremely easy to use: Plug-in your iPhone, take music or movies in any format and drop it into the app. Two minutes – and voila!
We received tons of positive reviews and feedback from our users. It was never that easy to transfer music & video to iPhone before. Well, after a year of working on the application and polishing it – besides of the pretty nice chunk of useful features, we managed to make it even smoother – No cords needed. Use WiFi to get music to your iPhone or iPad.
Here’s the simple workaround on how to make this scheme working:
Step 1. Download WALTR 2.Download WALTR 2 for FREE
The app works just the same seamlessly on Mac and PC.
After you’ve installed it – make sure that your iPhone or computer are connected to the same network.
In the app’s window you’re going to see all the devices available.
Step 2. Drag your music file to the application window.
Within seconds the app will transfer files to your iPhone.
Step 3. Play your file.
Comparing to the iTunes solution WALTR has a number of benefits:
- iTunes’ good for smaller files like songs or short clips. But what if you’d like to transfer something bigger? Let’s say – a movie?
- No format impediment.
- You don’t need to sync your entire device to transfer a single media file to your iPad or iPhone.
- We know how uncomfortable and annoying is the fact that one device can only be synced with one iTunes library. No such thing with WALTR. Sync any device with WALTR without ANY restrictions.
How to Sync iPhone Wirelessly with iTunes
Turns out – not everyone knows about iTunes WiFI feature. But yes – you can sync iPhone wirelessly with iTunes.
After making a quick poll at our Softorino headquarters – more than 30% of people didn’t have any clue that there actually exists iTunes wireless sync feature. Nevertheless, they’re profound iPhone users. (But you still have to excuse us – we don’t use iTunes that often)
The ability to sync files over WiFI was added to iTunes 10,5. And it works for everything – you can sync music, photos, apps, conatcts, videos & more – wirelessly.
Here's the guide on how to sync your iPhone over WiFi using iTunes:
1. Plug in your iOS device to your computer using USB
Yeah – you guessed it – before enabling iTunes wireless sync, you still have to connect your iPhone to your machine.
2. Tap on the ‘iPhone’ icon in iTunes > in the Summary tab hit ‘Sync with this iPod over WiFi’
(in this guide we're using an iPod touch, but it goes the same well for an iPhone too)
You can disconnect your device right this minute. But the good thing – it still stays there, even if disconnected.
3. Pick ‘Music’ tab on the sidebar menu.
4. Then take the music file you want to transfer (provided it’s MP3 or M4A) and drag & drop it to iTunes window.
See screenshot below.
Wait until upload is finished (as a matter of fact it’s usually slower than if you transferred the file with USB).
5. Then just head to the stock Music.app & find your file there.
We have to warn you here. There are tons of complaints on the web saying that iTunes wifi sync does not work. Usually, this is how it happens: You enabled ‘Sync over WiFI’ option. But: when you pull your iPhone from computer – the ‘iPhone’ tab just disappears.
Quick tips to fix the issues with iTunes WiFI sync:
1. At first, double-check that your device and computer are connected to the SAME network.
2. Turn off WiFI connection on your device and on again in just 10 seconds
3. Relaunch iTunes
If it still appears to be not working – try to use WALTR 2, that we showcased above. Or try describing your problem in the comments section.
In the end, we hope this article turned out to be quite helpful showing all possible ways to sync iPhone over WiFI. Choose the one that works the best for you. And BTW, don't forget to let us know in the comments what way you like more.blog comments powered by Disqus