How to Convert MKV to MP4 for iPad & iPhone in 3 Simple Steps
You can convert MKV to MP4 format to watch any movie on iPad or iPhone with the help of WALTR, a direct MKV to Mp4 converter that converts just about any media file for iOS devices on Mac and Windows.
Big screen and long battery life make iPad the perfect device for watching movies. But because native iOS video player has a very limited range of video formats it supports by default, you might not be up to watching the full length movie you’re so excited about. The most obvious solution would be to convert MKV to MP4 file format.
If you ever tried to run MKV format files (HD video, 720p/1080p) on your retina iPad, you know that the mobile device just won’t play those. To solve the problem you can turn to third party applications like Handbrake and convert your MKV to MP4 file but I suggest that you don’t. Why? Because WALTR is better!
Without further ado – watch how to convert MKV to MP4 in this video tutorial:
What functions does WALTR 2 have?
WALTR 2 is a smart tool that lets you transfer ANY media file in ANY format – flac, mkv, mov, avi, m4r – from both Mac and Windows straight into your iPad or iPhone. Besides, unlike third party apps, WALTR 2 won’t eat up much of the battery power of your iOS device because it uses Apple’s default video player for native playback. So it’s perfect to convert MKV to MP4 for iPad or any other Apple device.
With WALTR 2 you don’t have to go to the App Store to download an MKV to MP4 converter app, nor do you need to worry about iTunes sync hassle. All WALTR 2 cares about is the outcome video with no loss of quality delivered to your iPad in a shockingly quick way.
Grab your iPad and let’s discover how WALTR can help you convert MKV to MP4:
Down below we came up with the three-step guide showing you how to convert MKV movies to MP4 for iPad in no time! This works for both Windows and Mac computers.
Step #1 Download WALTR 2 – the easiest MKV to Mp4 converterDownload WALTR 2 for Free
No worries, it’s a Free Download! There’s a free trial period letting you test out all of the helpful features WALTR 2 has. And there are a lot of them! For example, it can convert MKV to MP4 via drag & drop, put movies on your iPhones & iPad over the air and load any iPod with music!
Step #2 Connect your iPad (or iPhone)
Connect the iPad to your Mac or PC via USB when prompt.
and then add your MKV files by dragging them into WALTR 2.
Step #3 Finished! Enjoy MKV files on your iPad.
The conversion & transfer process doesn’t take long at all. Once WALTR stopped casting its spell on your MKV files, go ahead an play your video from Apple’s pre-installed stock Videos.app on the iPad.
One of the WALTR’s best features is that it makes your default app look very pretty. It grabs all the needed info like genre, summary and a cover picture from the Internet. But make sure that the name of the file corresponds to the official title of the movie.
Turns out getting video on an iPad isn’t as hard as you might have thought. Now your favorite movie is ready for a natural playback on your iPad in the highest quality possible.
WALTR 2 Essential Features
WALTR 2 is the best direct way for converting MKV to MP4 for iPad, but it can do a lot more:
- Copy VIDEO to iPad without iTunes – You can transfer Apple’s unsupported files such as MKV & AVI or the classic MOV, MP4 for natural playback on iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
- Copy MUSIC to iPad or iPhone without iTunes – Easily transfer Music files in any format, such as MP3,FLAC, APE, ALAC, M4R, AAC, AIFF, WAV, and even WMA,CUE,OGG, WV& TTA.
- Shockingly Fast – The avg. transfer speed is 2GB in under 1 Minute!
- Convert-on-the-fly – WALTR 2 converts MKV to MP4 while transferring. So it will be available for playback in the highest quality the device can handle.
- Simple & Smart – No more proper format headache. WALTR just ‘makes it work’.
- Subtitles support – you can transfer subtitles along with your MKV files.
- Best of all, it has 24/7 Phone & Email Support – A whole team of live human professionals got your back.
And there’s one more thing…
- WALTR has an awesome name – inspired by Breaking Bad TV show. We named our app after Walter White, the TV show’s main character.
According to Apple’s regular policy, iPad will not play MKV media files without an iPad video converter or any other player app. But thanks to WALTR, you can put MKV to iPad on Mac and Windows without using any third party programs. There is no hassle. You just drag the file and drop it. The file will automatically appear in your iOS native вЂњVideosвЂќ app in the best quality possible.
All things considered, WALTR is the best way to convert MKV to MP4 for playback on iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.